Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default 2008 Pres

wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 00:33:28 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

In article ,
Norminn wrote:
e made me a permanent

Independent. Reagan was
just about as phony, but nobody caught on. The real proof that our
educational system is in the sewer.

Without commenting on the rest of it, the educational system is and
always has been a local function. The feds, even to this day, have a
relatively small dog in this hunt.

I'm always amused at people who make these broad statements about how our
educational system is in a shambles (see gfretwell's comments, for instance.
I wonder how many of these proclamations come from people who've never
bothered to raise hell in order to get things improved overnight in their
own school systems. I have. It's easy. Our school system is just fine.

Right now our local school board is spending right at $20,000 per
student and the results can be called mediocre at best based on just
about any measure you can think of (college admissions, test scores,
graduation rate etc)

I assume you've brought that up at PTA meetings and have volunteered
to work toward improvements?