SpamTrapSeeSig

Default Bent crankshaft

In article , Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:36:32 +0100, Andy Dingley wrote:

a) Straighting the shaft in stitue.

Better than just throwing it away.

Go on, if it works you'll be a hero to uk.rec.engines.stationary

I think Mr Baker's response of "Nil" sums it up having hit the end a
few times with a lump hammer this afternoon.

I guess it's now down to the economics of the cost of a new crankhaft
(+ engine gasket/seal set) , a new/refurb engine or a new mower...
Anyone any idea of the costs of those?

At least with the last two options I'll have this engine for spares,
it's only run for about 30hrs. Was new last year, changed the oil at
the end of last season (black) and after half a dozen or so runs this
year it's still lovely and clean when I dip it. B-(

Which/whose engine is it?

In the past I've found that makes a huge difference in getting spares
(and to the parts cost). Our Tecumseh 2-strokes on the Flymos were very
hard to get bits for, but the later Briggs & Stratton ones were fine. A
Tecumseh 'short' engine was available (cylinder piston con-rod and
crankshaft/case), but hardly economic. We went that route once and the
following time changed the mower

Regards,

Simonm.

--
simonm|at|muircom|dot|demon|.|c|oh|dot|u|kay
SIMON MUIR, UK INDEPENDENCE PARTY, BRISTOL www.ukip.org