Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default anodizing kits?

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 17:15:44 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

Can someone suggest an anodizing kit that would get me all the basic
startup supplies for a couple of colors? Thinking clear, black, red,
blue would be a good starting point. Got a favorite supplier? Spent
some quality time with google but if anyone here has a preferred one
that's useful info to me.

THanks,
Dave Hinz

The stuff from Ron Newman worked well for me, perfect results on the
first test piece. Used to be at http://www.focuser.com/anodize.html but
don't seem to be able to get there at present. The stuff from Caswell
also has had good reviews but I haven't used their stuff. There is / was
an anodizing group on groups.yahoo.com with good info, but I haven't
followed it lately.

Caswell's stuff works fine. I expect the stuff sold by Caswell and by
Newman are very similar if not identical, though Newman offers
different power supplies.

Newman's web page is still up, and is an excellent resource.