Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Faux Stone Backsplash with vinyl tiles?

In article ,
Howie says...

The link below shows what I'm talking about:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&bran...a-7bd6a0578fcf

Anyone care to comment?

Yeah, I would.

Would this look "cheap"?

And how.

When I bought my house, the kitchen backsplash was vinyl sheet flooring. It was
a tile-like pattern, and looked sorta OK from far away. But the problem is -
one standing at the counter is fairly close up to the backsplash, vs. looking
down at the floor, and the 'fakiness' of it is more apparent. And the cook
(e.g. - *me*) got to look at it a lot close up. It's gone now.

There's nothing wrong with good old wall with a semi-gloss or eggshell paint
finish to make for cleaning. Neat and simple. I'd leave it that way rather
than put plastic all over the wall.

Sorry....

Cheers,
Banty