Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Faux Stone Backsplash with vinyl tiles?

On Jan 5, 12:22*pm, Howie wrote:
On Jan 5, 12:04 pm, ransley wrote:

On Jan 5, 10:55 am, Howie wrote:

The link below shows what I'm talking about:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&bran...6-029c-411b-a1...

Anyone care to comment? *Would this look "cheap"? *The wall above our
kitchen backsplash is a bit uneven, would this vinyl look "ok"?

Any other tips / advice / comments or suggestions?

Howie

I just did that in about 10 apartments and it looks great but I used
sheet flooring that looked like stone so no seams to come loose, there
are alot of realistic looking stone patterns out there I also
continued it above the cabinets and put a 4ft flourescent light on top
of the cabinets, its the cheapest way to make it look like thousands
more.

so you used linoleum flooring? *and flooring adhesive?- Hide quoted text -

I dont think linoluem is made much anymore, it is Linseed oil base. I
used sheet vinyl, the squares are sheet cut into squares and floor
adheasive. Use squares if you wish just pick the best pattern and
color that matches what you are doing, Take home samples first and see
how they look.