Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default garage remote

"newman" wrote in message
news:T%Mfj.586$hS.190@trnddc08...
My remote garage door opener has become flakey. It will work, but I have
punch in the code very slowly and sometimes two or more times. The
remotes
in the car work OK.

It's one that I got at HD.

I replaced battery.

Is this fixable, or should I just replace it?

Thanks

The opener mechanism is a Stanley, installed in 1992. It seems to work
fine.

check the obvious. Did you check the battery on a tester before you put the
new one on?There should be a foot or so of receiver wire coming out of your
opener, and maybe that fell off. Look for a round hole in your opener.
Take the top off. You may see a threaded device there where you can put a
rod or a small screwdriver in the access hole and slide the tuning thingus.
Go to the distance you want the operator to work from, hold the button down,
and adjust the thingus in and out. Keep track of your starting point th
counting the turns. If that don't work, I don't know what else to try.
Just do what I do. I honk, and the wife comes out and lifts the garage
door. ;-)

Steve