Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin Paul Franklin is offline

Default Question on caulking gaps on baseboard molding

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 06:49:54 -0800 (PST), Mikepier
wrote:

I have a few pieces of baseboard molding I need to install and the
walls are less than perfect. There are a few bumps in tha wall which
means I will have to caulk the gaps on top. These moldings will be
painted white. My question is after you caulk, are you suppose to
paint the caulk white( same as molding) or are you suppose to paint it
the color of the wall?

I usually use a putty knife to smooth the caulk flush with top of the
baseboard and leave a sharp line at the wall. The I paint the base and
caulk the same color.

I think what looks bad is if the wall color ends up on any of the
horizontal surface at the top of the base. But as previous poster
said, it comes down to what looks good to *you*.

Paul F.