Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default Chain welding

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:46:58 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
.. .
snip-----

On mine I set the blade in place and depress a
lever. The lever both turns on the current and moves the clamps
together at the same time. There is a current setting on it as well.
Once welded you move the blade to the outside of the jaws which have a
set back cut into them for the annealing witch is done with a push
button on the welder.

You just described my welder.

I thought as much. My Do All is a fairly old saw. The blade welder
works better than the other one I used. On the other had I really need
to take some time and overhaul the saw itself.