Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default septic and garbage disposal

mike wrote:

On Jan 3, 9:54 pm, dk wrote:
I just moved to a house that has no garbage disposal unit. The builder
said that it's not advisable for a house on a septic system. Is he
"pulling my chain"? If what he is saying is true, how do folks handle
garbage without a septic tank? I can see a lot of flies and roaches
without one.

TIA

It's an urban legend that you're not supposed to use a disposal with a
septic system. Pure BS. Google septic pumping schedule chart
disposal.

I wouldn't tolerate kitchen without a disposal. They're great.

Your assertion is urban legend since urban folks have no knowledge of
septic systems.