Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default plumbers putty for leaky threaded joint?

On Jan 4, 8:47*am, wrote:
The threaded pipe joint I installed last week for one of my home's hot
water radiators is leaking a little. *It it now obvious to me that I
didn't put enough pipe dope on when I installed. *I would prefer to
wait a few days before I redo because we're in the middle of a cold
spell. *But the pipe orientation makes it difficult to catch the drip,
so I want it to stop. *Would plumbers epoxy putty work here? *or would
the heat and lack of smooth surface (i.e. threads) doom this patch job
to instant failure? *And if it does work, would I be able to remove
the putty or does it harden so strong that I won't be able to break it
off. *I never worked with this stuff before, so I'm not familiar.

Opinions?

-Theodore.

use pipe dope then teflon tape