Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default septic and garbage disposal

we have one, but don't put food scraps down it. I've never had flies and
roaches. I just put the junk in the trash and take it out when the can gets
full. Put the bags in the poly cart and the trash guys pick it up on
friday. You shouldn't run food scraps down a disposal on a septic. Your
builder is right.

"dk" wrote in message
. ..
I just moved to a house that has no garbage disposal unit. The builder
said that it's not advisable for a house on a septic system. Is he
"pulling my chain"? If what he is saying is true, how do folks handle
garbage without a septic tank? I can see a lot of flies and roaches
without one.

TIA