Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Conduit recommendations exterior to interior

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 05:25:04 -0800 (PST) someone who may be Richard
wrote this:-

I didnt want to use
armoured cable to keep costs down and I needed to route a lot of the
cable through the house first. Since I needed an uninterrupted cable
from consumer unit to outhouse

Why?

A general way of doing such circuits is to run twin and earth
through the house to a suitable box inside the house. From there
steel wire armoured cable is run to the outbuilding. One of the
things to watch is whether the size of the protective conductor in
the T&E is large enough.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh