Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Avery[_2_] Thomas Avery[_2_] is offline

Default septic and garbage disposal

"dk" wrote in message
. ..
I just moved to a house that has no garbage disposal unit. The builder
said that it's not advisable for a house on a septic system. Is he
"pulling my chain"? If what he is saying is true, how do folks handle
garbage without a septic tank? I can see a lot of flies and roaches
without one.

TIA

Your builder is F.O.S. and cutting corners. Disposals have been installed
with septic service for over 50 years without problems. My first new home
(1955) had septic and disposal, 3 others including my current home (Built in
1994) with never a problem.