Posted to alt.home.repair

Default septic and garbage disposal

"dk" wrote in message
. ..
I just moved to a house that has no garbage disposal unit. The builder
said that it's not advisable for a house on a septic system. Is he
"pulling my chain"? If what he is saying is true, how do folks handle
garbage without a septic tank? I can see a lot of flies and roaches
without one.

TIA

There are disposals made for septic systems, but I'd not have one myself.
Very little has to go down the drain. Vegetable stuff can go on a compost
pile, the rest can go in the trash.

Some people have them and have no problems, others have to have the septic
pumped more often. If you do get one, at least have your system pumped once
in a while rather than wait for a backup.