Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default septic and garbage disposal

In article ,
dk wrote:

I just moved to a house that has no garbage disposal unit. The builder
said that it's not advisable for a house on a septic system. Is he
"pulling my chain"? If what he is saying is true, how do folks handle
garbage without a septic tank? I can see a lot of flies and roaches
without one.

TIA

I don't get this whole garbage disposal fascination. Never owned one,
never wanted one. About as useful as a trash compactor, IME. Throw the
garbage away.

What garbage, anyway? Where is all this garbage people jabber on about
coming from, anyway? I cook food and eat it. What's to put in the
disposal?

No, you're not supposed to put food in a septic tank.

Close the screen door for the flies, use some "Roach Prufe" if need be
for the little *******s.