Posted to alt.home.repair
maxodyne maxodyne is offline

Default What to do: hot and cold

marson wrote:
snip

I went to work framing a house yesterday morning and it was 5 below.
Shot some automotive antifreeze in the hoses and guns, some handwarmer
packs in the gloves, and away we went. More and more, I wonder why
the heck I live in such a place.

Hmm, I wonder too? You might be interested to know that down here in
Sunny Southern California, water actually freezes at 45F. That's when
all the locals start talking about how "freezing cold" it is outside :-P

But seriously, many folks don't know that there are places in California
where it really *does* get cold. Like in Bridgeport. I used to live not
far from there. No beaches or palm trees there; it can get quite cold at
times. By quite cold, the record low is minus 31F. Not so cold by Duluth
standards I suppose, but damn cold anyway. Here is a link to some
typical average and record high/low temperatures for Bridgeport, CA:

http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USCA0129_f.html

I also used to live in Death Valley, CA where I once experienced 131
degrees. Now that is damn hot! Mother Nature is one amazing mother!

-- maxodyne.