Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

SteveB wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
JC wrote:

I don't see anything in the article that indicates that his weapon
was unloaded. Many times I will rack just to make sure. So, perhaps
he ejected one while injecting another. Maybe he racked for effect.
Lots of ifs and maybes here. Anyhow, all's well that ends well.

I never carry with a live round in the chamber. It's a safety thing.
If I have to deploy, I would be racking and removing the safety.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

All my CCW weapons are carried with a live round in the chamber.

Good for you.

Why
on earth would one NOT have a live round in the chamber?

Personal choice.

Modern
weapons have new designs where they will not discharge if dropped on
the hammer.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't affect how *I* want to carry.

On older weapons, that was why it was carried on a dry
hole. With some semiautos, it takes quite a bit of effort to load
the first shell.

Not with my Baretta.

And a bit of time, too, which could make all the
difference.

Not really.

I carry my semi-auto with one in the chamber, hammer
down, with 17 behind it. It takes a full trigger squeeze to fire the
first round, and then it will shoot as fast as you can pull the
trigger.

Double actions tend do do that.

Carrying on empty? What do you do, say wait a minute while I load?

A minute? I'm racking as I'm clearing my holster. If it takes you a minute
to make a simple movement then it makes sense for you to carry with a round
in the chamber. Personal choice in the way anyone chooses to carry is just
that....personal choice. I'd appreciate it if those who choose to do it
differently than I do to knock off the criticism and be happy with their own
choices.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com