Posted to misc.consumers, alt.home.repair
werwer werwer is offline

Default Soundproofing for rooms - material

On Dec 31 2007, 11:56 am, Richard Fangnail
wrote:
I'm trying to dull the tapping noise from the pipes in my ceiling.
What materials could I use to deaden the noise? I tried cork tiles
but that had no effect whatsoever on the noise.

I've read that the idea is to use many layers of different materials.

This is a reach, but a water hammer can help dampen the inertia in the
system if that's what you're hearing. This would be more of a banging
sound that is made when someone turns off ("slams off") a valve. It's
a job installing however.