Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

Dave Bugg wrote:
I never carry with a live round in the chamber. It's a safety thing. If I
have to deploy, I would be racking and removing the safety.

It depends on what you carry. I have a Kel-Tec P11 in 9mm that has no safety at
all and I carry it with one round up the snout. The P11 has about a 10 pound
trigger and there's no way you'll ever accidentally pop off a round, even with
adrenalin coursing through your system. It will take an active decision to
shoot. And even if the pistol were to jam (it doesn't) I know I'd get at least
the first round off without incident. And then I have 10 more rounds if I need
them....

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com