Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Martin John Martin is offline

Default What is this newsgroup for?

On Jan 2, 10:54*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I ask a question.

Some noodle says go to Google.

I thought the purpose of this ng was to help each other out so we don't have
to sift through tons of sand for the pearl. *I've been here for years, and
seen the same questions over and over and over. *Should we appoint someone
to filter the questions, and everything that's been asked before get a "Go
to Google" answer?

Sheesh.

Steve

I think you got a good answer, Steve. You got much more than "Google
It", you got a link to a specific site where the question had been
recently discussed.

There was no simple answer to your question. If you followed up on
rec.woodworking, you'd have found out that there are a great many
opinions as to the reasons for the nib. I know, as I was one of the
posters there. Rather than trying to remember all the possibilities
and then type them out, the poster told you exactly where to find the
whole discussion thread. Nothing wrong with that.

If you'd asked a question that could be answered with just a few words
you might have some reason to bitch about it. But you didn't.

John Martin