Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Conduit recommendations exterior to interior

In article
,
Richard wrote:
Hi, does anyone have suggestions for good a good conduit product to
take a 10mm2 cable from inside a building to outside and down into the
ground? Just that I tried standard black conduit pipe before for 6mm2
and it was murder getting it through all the bends.

Do you mean 6mm TW&E? If so I'm not surprised. The correct stuff for
conduit is single cables.

I'm considering the circle boxes as joiners rather than using bends as
they look easier, but am not sure if a) they are good for exterior use
and b) how I get the cable into the building (requires 90deg bend
straight in through the wall from the ground) . Thanks.

Can't you use SWA? Much less hassle than conduit and cheaper too - as well
as a better job.

--
*What are the pink bits in my tyres? Cyclists & Joggers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.