Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Soundproofing for rooms - material

Richard Fangnail wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:09 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Richard Fangnail wrote

Rod Speed wrote
Richard Fangnail wrote
In my apt the tapping noise can come from my ceiling or one of the
walls. When the tapping got bad a few weeks ago, it got bad in
both places at once. Why would that happen, if the problem is
due to the pipes rubbing against the holders?
Presumably the same corrosion etc is affecting both.
What corrosion are you talking about?

Between the pipe and what is used to attach it to the structure.

What type of corrosion would it be?

Metal pipes always corrode a bit over time unless they are gold or platinum etc.

Do you mean corrosion produces some kind of material

Yep.

or are there gaps where there shouldn't be any?

Nope.

The corrosion stops the pipe sliding in the holder silently like it used to when the pipe
changes temperature when the water in it change temp, usually the hot water pipe.