Posted to alt.home.repair

Default thoughts??

"news" wrote in message
My mom is considering an EdenPURE quartz infrared
heater, to supplement her heating. She's POSITIVE
since she heard it on Paul Harvey that it's a good thing.
I'm trying to tell her that she might save 50 bucks on her
gas bill, but will probably spend 50 bucks more on her
electric bill.....all things equal, are these a good thing?
will she save money? If any of you have one, or heard of
someone who has one, I'll take any reasonable comments
on this...thank you

Do a search on Google Groups and you will find other threads on Eden Pure.
It is an over price space heater.

Any space heater of 1500 watts puts out the same heat. It may cut down the
overall cost by heating only one room and letting the rest stay colder, but
most times you just jack the electric bill.