Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default thoughts??

On Jan 2, 8:20 pm, "RBM" wrote:
I just saw one last week. It was actually a pretty impressive heater and
very safe. I too like Paul Harvey, and I believe he believes in what he
endorses. Having said that, the thing is still an electric 1500 watt heater
and under normal circumstances I can't imagine how it would save any money.
These are not normal circumstances though, in fact just hours ago my
accountant call me to install wiring for an electric clothes dryer to
replace his natural gas unit. When I asked him why, he told me the price of
electricity is currently a fraction of what natural gas costs, so it's just
possible that in her area an electric heating unit of any kind may save
money.

"news" wrote in message

My mom is considering an EdenPURE quartz infrared
heater, to supplement her heating. She's POSITIVE
since she heard it on Paul Harvey that it's a good thing.
I'm trying to tell her that she might save 50 bucks on her
gas bill, but will probably spend 50 bucks more on her
electric bill.....all things equal, are these a good thing?
will she save money? If any of you have one, or heard of
someone who has one, I'll take any reasonable comments
on this...thank you

I was under the impression that when it comes to electric heat, a KW
is a KW. It's not like a furnace that loses a certain percentage up
the flue pipe, so the efficiency can be improved.