Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Bit OT. CFLs revisited.

Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:49:38 GMT, Arfa Daily wrote:
I have just returned from a Christmas trip to Vegas, staying in the

same
big
name Strip-side hotel that I always do. However, since I was last there

year ago, they seem to have had a big drive to turn the room lighting
over
to CFLs. Now, instead of getting a decent light in the room when you

come
in
the door, it's like someone is going round lighting candles one at a
time.

Do you suppose that joint went out and bought Top Dollar CFLs, or the
very cheapest -- like their toilet paper? :-)

snip

Well, I have to say that I had no complaint with their toilet paper. They
actually use Quilted Northern, which is what I buy myself, when I stay in

private place in Florida. Not being a native American, I have no idea
whether this is considered to be a laughable 'cheapo' brand over there,

but
it seems to compare pretty reasonably with the brand that I usually buy
here, which is *not* a cheap and cheerful one.

At least pre-moistened toilet paper never caught on over here.
I see ASDA is now selling "recycled toilet tissue"

Some local trivia and lavatorial humour, thrown together by your's truly
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/graff.htm