Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default (Steve B) Working leather gloves from mcmaster

"Ignoramus3921" wrote in message
I followed Steve B's advice. I went to Home Depot and tried a lot of
gloves. I bought three pairs of very nice $1.95 gloves which fit very
well. I believe that the ones I had that wore out and became all
dirty, were the same gloves, but by now they became completely
unrecognizable after a few years, so it is hard to say.

The sort of work that I do with them, mostly, is moving various heavy
or unpleasant to hold things. Typical example would be cinderblock or
Parker Parkrimp-1 hydraulic hose crimper.

Thanks. As you grow older, you get thriftier. For some work, good gloves
are worth it, but I always seem to end up using good gloves for crappy work
and ruining them. I hate ruining good gloves on crappy work. I do have a
few pairs I use for specific purposes.

When I drove fork lift, I liked the deerskin or elk skin. A little spendy,
but you could write with them on, and you had a good feel for the controls.
There were two other guys who did the same. We talked about it one day, and
noticed that the same fingers would wear out from using the controls.
Operators used their fingertips. Drivers yanked on the whole control arm.

Steve