Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus3921 Ignoramus3921 is offline

Default (Steve B) Working leather gloves from mcmaster

On 2008-01-03, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:07:53 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus3921 quickly quoth:

I followed Steve B's advice. I went to Home Depot and tried a lot of
gloves. I bought three pairs of very nice $1.95 gloves which fit very
well. I believe that the ones I had that wore out and became all
dirty, were the same gloves, but by now they became completely
unrecognizable after a few years, so it is hard to say.

Just for fun, try washing them sometime, Ig. gd&r But seriously,
the sharp sand in dirt will cause gloves to fail more quickly so
washing them frequently will help extend their lives.

I did wash them in the clothes washer, it did not help much.