Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default First welder- casual use

check out http://www.welding.com/welding_terms.shtml look under the
letter 'D'.

also see:

http://books.google.com/books?id=EOi...HzONFeM5q8buZY

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27151

not much use for electrode negative. Electrode positive is the normal way,
and is called DC reverse polarity.

steve

wrote in message
So what you're saying is that the person changes the polarity to
achieve the desired result, correct? I am going to assume that
positive on the welding rod and negative on the steel being welded
would be the setting used for deeper penetration, and if reversed, it
would be for avoiding burn thru. Is this correct, or is it the
opposite of that?

Thanks for the advice. I now understand the use of a DC welder.
Now I wish I had one to give it a try....