Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
krw[_2_] krw[_2_] is offline

Default Soundproofing for rooms - material

In article b45a4439-7731-411b-b060-
, misc.consumers,
says...
In my apt the tapping noise can come from my ceiling or one of the
walls. When the tapping got bad a few weeks ago, it got bad in both
places at once. Why would that happen, if the problem is due to the
pipes rubbing against the holders?

Heating season, perhaps? Apartment (wood) drying out? Were you
there last year at this time? It's kinda hard to troubleshoot
these sorts of things over the Internet. If your super says they
won't fix it there isn't much you can do about it, except ignore it
or move.

Sometimes the noise is in one of the two places and sometimes it's in
both.

Sometimes it's not? Well, sometimes you have the condition that
causes the tapping and sometimes not. Sometimes in one place,
sometimes in the other...

Someone mentioned a pressure regulator. What is that exactly, and how
might it cause the tapping problem?

A pressure regulator may stop some pipe noise (banging, primarily),
not cause it.

--
Keith