Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bit OT. CFLs revisited.

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

Wot a cracking idea, Gromit ! I could then have even LESS light coming
out
of them ... d;~}

Gromit? I just picked up a DVD of "Wallace & Gromit", "The Curse of
the Were-Rabbit"

Just so ! In Wallace and Gromit - A Fine Day Out, Gromit makes toast for
Wallace, and Wallace declares "Cracking toast Gromit !", meaning really
good. The phrase has now become firmly lodged in the language over here, and
is often used to say that anything is good, or a good idea. The words
'cracking' and 'Gromit' are also used on their own, like I did, for much the
same purpose. For what it's worth, although I enjoyed "Curse", for me, the
best ones are still the original TV 'shorts' that were turned out by Nick
Parks each Christmas. Have you seen them all ? I think that "The Wrong
Trousers" is my favourite. All of the story twists and turns are so well
observed.

Arfa