Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

"Wickeddoll" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" ...
snip

My dad lived in Altamonte for many years. All I remember about Ocala
was that we played against them in softball, and they usually kicked our
arses...

Now that's interesting. You commented a few posts above about the way
that I spell 'humour', surmising (correctly) that I may be British. Back
at ya now. That's the first time I've ever seen an American spell 'arses'
the same as we do, rather than as a donkey-like animal ... ??

Arfa

You found me out!

I'm a shameless Anglophile. In fact, at this moment I'm watching
Dangermouse DVDs.

:-)

Natalie, hoping hubby's next base is in England

Well, that would be nice, especially if you like New England weather and
scenery. Have you visited here before ? I would guess that the liklihood of
a posting here has diminished considerably in recent years, as a number of
the Anglo - American bases have either closed down or been mothballed since
the 'end (??)' of the cold war. To the east of where I live right in the
centre, all the way across to the coast, it is very flat fenland, so good
for runways. I guess that this, coupled with the proximity to the european
mainland, is why all of the bases grew up there in the first place during WW
II, and carried on into peacetime, and then grew further as defensive bases
run largely by your good ol' boys. Do you still have any bomber forces or
whatever permanently located here ? I'm not too sure about that, to be
honest. I used to see practice flights come across my county all the time,
fighters as well, but don't seem to any more.

Dangermouse eh ? I used to watch that many many years ago. Have you ever
come across a UK tv programme called 'Minder' ? If not, there are plenty of
clips on You Tube. It's where my nic comes from, being a deliberate
corruption of the name of one of the two main characters. For no other
reason, I might add, than that I always loved the part he played. It was
representative of gentler times ...

Arfa

Arfa