Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
john jardine[_2_] john jardine[_2_] is offline

Default Atmel AT89ISP programming adaptor

"Eeyore" wrote in message

john jardine wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Eeyore wrote:

As requested.

Will post 'my' version shortly.

Attached.

Note that I have only implemented the four signals required by the

current
ISP parts, RST, SCK, MISO and MOSI.

Can't see start of this thread but recently came across this AVR dongle.

Name: ispdongle.pdf
ispdongle.pdf Type: Portable Document Format (application/pdf)
Encoding: x-uuencode

Seemingly not compliant with Atmel's recommendations for the AT89S5x.

Wrong ISP
header pinout for example and different pins on the parallel port.

Yes, that's for the AVR, not the 89S5x

Why they had to make several incompatible versions of an ISP program and
hardware is beyond me.

Graham

Ooops. Wrong micro.
Just moved to the excellent AVR stuff, still learning. Due to build that AVR
dongle but was given a dev' setup. As well I didn't.