JohnF

Default Gunner's medical bills - Mexican dental and medical.

I've been going to Mexico for dental for years. I met up with a
dentist when my kids and I used to help with the Tecate 250 Enduro.
He's a great guy, motorcyclist, mountain bike racer, slips in some
dentristry too and his wife is an oral surgeon. It's nice, for me,
when I can take a couple hours off from work and cruise out to Tecate
on the scooter. I did get a speeding ticket last time though but,
including the ticket, the crown was only a little over half the cost
of up here.

JohnF

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Bart D. Hull"
wrote:

Jim,
There is already a booming business for uninsured going down
to Mexico for dental and medical work. Much cheaper and a lot less
B.S. than the U.S. dentists.

(Ever try to get a U.S. dentist to clean your teeth and fill a cavity
or two on the same visit? Yep, getting screwed out of my valuable time
by a dentist that wants to hit the insurance for multiple visits.)

If you plan it right you can get your medical checkup, any meds you might
need and your dental work all in one day trip to Mexico.

There are a few doctors and dentists here in Arizona that only accept cash
and have a much lower fee scale as they reduce their front office staff to
a single receptionist.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Gary Coffman says...

Perhaps we'll be able to strike a political balance that will ease our
discomfort and mollify our philosophical objections. But given our
experience with other government programs, I'm dubious. I'm almost
certain we'd wind up with a medical black market that many of us
would patronize by choice in order to avoid entanglements with the
government bureaucracy, even though such back alley medicine
would likely be much higher risk.

I think pretty soon consumers will start outsourcing medical
care as well. I'm suprised that doctors have not set up clinics
in mexico or canada, catering to the US clientel.

It's now a global economy so I bet some of that stuff is going
to offshore.

Jim

please reply to: