Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

Wickeddoll wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ...
Wickeddoll wrote:

Cool pic!

Thanks. I have several sizes of it, to use as computer wallpaper.

There will be more photos online, when my new website is up and
running.

Cool, the sequel.

Here are a couple more from that day:
http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelat...-day-2007.html

I'm still trying to get a decent shot of the Color Guard. Every time
I get a good shot lined up, someone steps in front of me, and blocks
it. I did get a few of Governor Charlie Christ at the park, the day he
declared it as the finest in the State of Florida, and one of the
finest, in all of the US.

Politicians! Even when they say the *right* thing, it has a sleaze factor.
He's probably right, but coming from a politician... ;-)

At least HE showed up. There was supposed to be a letter, and a
Plaque from our Prez when the park was dedicated, but neither arrived.
maybe they needed more notice? We did finish the park in just 10 years,
after all.

Here is a Google Maps link to the location. Zoomed all the way in,
you can make out some details. The park is a triangle, near the corner
of State Hwy. 40, and NE 25th Ave., where most of the county offices are
located. The octagonal roof near the center is the Gazebo where the
ceremonies are performed, and the odd shaped sidewalk is where the Color
Guard marches. You can't see them in the Google sat view, but there are
plaques and memorials scattered around the park, going back to the Civil
War. If you and your husband are ever up this way, you should visit the
park.

Hubby loves historical stuff like that. I'll try to remember to suggest it
the next time we visit my relatives.

It's worth the visit, but make sure you wear comfortable shoes,
because it takes a couple hours to see everything.

BTW, we are having our quarterly memorial for Marion County Veterans
who have passed on, in the last 90 days. It will be this Saturday
morning at the Veteran's park. There are about 200 names read, every
quarter.

And you'll have pix? :-)

I plan on it. I miss some of them, due to my failing health. Some
days I can barely stand, let alone walk.

Oh, bummer! Anything fixable, may I ask?

Well, the VA awarded me 100% disability two weeks after I applied.

*snipping for brevity*

I was actually born in Orlando, but never resided there.

Natalie

I moved to Florida, from the cold north about 20 years ago.

And I want to move back to New Hampshire when hubby retires. Hate Florida's
climate; always have. If my family weren't there, you'd *never* see me in
that place!

Hubby is from Massachusetts, so he can take New England weather or
(preferably) leave it, but I can't imagine him retiring anyplace that the
New England teams weren't at "home".

:-D

Natalie

prove it.