Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Aviation Snips - Required tools for parents

Our Health and Safety program at work is very rigorous. Our field
technicians are not allowed to use open-blade knives (belt knives,
pocket knives, box knives, &tc.) at all. They use kiddie-scissors to
cut plastic tubing, plastic sheeting, &tc.

Needless to say, the jobs take longer, but our safety record is very
good.

-Zz

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 04:48:14 -0800 (PST), Jay Pique
wrote:

So the jack-knife is no longer sufficient for opening Christmas
gifts. Actually, it probably hasn't been for quite a while, but it
has just become apparent to me. The Nintendo Wii played a large part
in Christmas this year, and I've gotta tell you - the packaging that
those things come in is downright dangerous. Not necessarily the Wii
itself, but the accessories - battery chargers, additional remotes,
"Nunchucks", etc... I'd rather freehand on a table saw than open one
of those things! After a couple of near-misses I grabbed the snips
from the shop and had no trouble at all. Scissors don't cut it; you
need the mechanical advantage of compound action - the plastic is that
tough.

That said, the Wii is one heck of a fun time.

end public service announcement

JP
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!