Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Extracting broken bolt / screw

"Joe" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 2:03 pm, komobu wrote:
Thanks Bill;

I had intended to say in the initial post that welding wasnt an option
for me, but I failed to do so!!! I want to learn how to weld but that
is another subject.

What are you afraid of? It isn't neurosurgery. Harbor Freight has
entry level MIG's at decent prices, and for the $$ you spend on one
you'll save hours and hours of time that you would otherwise waste
screwing around with drills, guide bushings 'easy (not) outs', busted
taps and all the other hassles.
Bill M is dead right on the technique. Personally, I have quite a few
decades of auto repair work involving cylinder heads both high
performance and stock. The oxyacetylene torch and the MIG rig are your
friends, and you will find, as I did, that the time saving and quality
of work is worth more than you realize. HTH

Joe

HF welders make good boat anchors. If you're serious about learning to
weld, you can find a used Lincoln or Miller for the same price and have a
REAL welder.

Steve