Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Aviation Snips - Required tools for parents

On Jan 1, 7:48*am, Jay Pique wrote:
So the jack-knife is no longer sufficient for opening Christmas
gifts. *Actually, it probably hasn't been for quite a while, but it
has just become apparent to me. *The Nintendo Wii played a large part
in Christmas this year, and I've gotta tell you - the packaging that
those things come in is downright dangerous. *Not necessarily the Wii
itself, but the accessories - battery chargers, additional remotes,
"Nunchucks", etc... *I'd rather freehand on a table saw than open one
of those things! *After a couple of near-misses I grabbed the snips
from the shop and had no trouble at all. *Scissors don't cut it; you
need the mechanical advantage of compound action - the plastic is that
tough.

My SWMBTS (She Who Must Be Taken Seriously, but I prefer Angela) gets
all kinds of data. Most not relevant to her clinic (strokes), but
interesting nonetheless.
The so-called theft prevention blister packs are usually way up there
when it comes to household injuries. WAY up there. The sharp/jagged
plastic itself most often the cause the wounds.
Another one that I see often near the top of the list are the very
serious injuries people sustain when the are trying to separate frozen
products, mostly hamburger patties.
Frozen items slippery. Finger numbed by cold, add heavy kitchen
knives, a slip off the cutting board, bingo.. deep (often to the bone)
cuts.
Fingers in car doors are quite common. Common burns are usually well
represented.

In other news, blown blood vessels in the brain are most often caused
by innocent people making an attempt at understanding the reason why
rap exists.