Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Working leather gloves from mcmaster

"Ignoramus8643" wrote in message
Would anyone recommend any mcmaster numbers for leather gloves. All my
gloves are used up, and dirty beyond recognition and torn, and I am
looking for something very nice. The HF gloves leave very much to be
desired, so I want to try my luck at McMaster-Carr. I have some money
to burn also and want to get something that I could use with pleasure
for a long time.

Iggy: Honestly. To me, it's like buying shoes through the mail. I don't
do it, because I want to put them on and feel them. When I go to the
welding store, I try them on. And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I have found that the
pair that fit the best, and have the best feel and touch are usually the
cheapest ones! The one with the store's name, that are probably made by
some big company with the store's name stamped on them. Look at the sales
bin. Sometimes they have the expensive ones in there that they are trying
to dump, and you get a pair for $8 that were $25 yesterday.

I have gloves that lasted for a very very long time that were less than half
the price they wanted for the best ones. Not sure if you're talking about
regular work gloves, TIG gloves, or welding gloves, but for my money, I want
to try them on. I have had casts that fit more comfortably than some of
those gloves. AND, I have found deals in those locally owned TOOL SHED TOOL
TOWN TOOL WHATEVER type stores. Those nice Makita and Craftsman work gloves
are nice. But for the price, this cheap old fart would just as soon go
through five pairs of cheaper gloves. Or even ONE that lasts longer than
those spendy pretty colorful ones.

Just me. All that extra money buys a lot of steel, gas, and rod.

Or adult beverages. Or a trip to the driving range. Or whatever winds yer
clock.

Steve