Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

Default Working leather gloves from mcmaster

Have you tried the HF 'roping gloves'? They fit my hands perfectly and have
become my favorite gloves of all time. They have an added patch around the
grip area for the rope, but are thin and flexible, yet pretty good wearing.
About 8 bucks, but they have them on sale frequently. They don't show up on
the web site when I search, I guess they are a 'store only' item.

Are these the gloves you're talking about, Dennis?

No, that isn't them. These are specifically labelled 'roping gloves' and are
easy to spot with the reinforced area that warps around the base of the thumb.
They are thicker than a TIG glove. I use them for carpentry, and even for
driving in milder weather, they have no insulation for really cold weather.
Some of the HF driving gloves are OK, but I find they are quite variable, I'll
try on several pairs and only one has the leather I like so I stick to the
roping gloves.

--
Dennis