Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
matt matt is offline

Default Clausing 5914 has arrived

On Dec 31, 11:54*am, Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for BXA posts and holders. *What's a reasonable
price?

Joe Gwinn

I have shopped for genuine Aloris (USA-made) and the unavoidable
imported copies of the Aloris design, on eBay mostly. I ended up
purchasing a new toolpost kit that came with 5 toolholders, in BXA
size. This is the wedge-dovetail clamp design, not the piston-clamp
design. The wedge design is considerably more rigid from a usage
standpoint. The imported kit I bought was about $140 complete, as I
recall. I couldn't justify the $500+ price for the new genuine Aloris
setup. There is a high degree of interchangeability between the
toolholders, though, and I continue to look for Aloris toolholders in
the used market. I see them go for anywhere from $25-75 depending on
condition and type, and the level of supply and demand. There are
several suppliers on eBay that have the same imported kit(s), from
China undoubtedly. I just picked the cheapest price and didn't look
back --