Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default OT Digital camera mod

nick hull wrote:
In article
,
Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Dec 31, 7:22 am, nick hull wrote:

It would be a lot easier in a film camera, but the hassle and time
delays (and cost) of developing film makes film impractical.

Black and white film can be developed in a few minutes without a
darkroom. You move it from the camera into the light-tight developing
tank inside a black changing bag, then you can pour the developer,
stop and fixer in and out under normal indoor lighting. 35mm film is
fairly easy to wind onto the reel by feel but I needed some practice
with 16mm.

I've loaded and developed a lot of B&W film, and I prefer digital

Maybe you could use an old computer for video capture. My Canon
doesn't power down when connected to USB.

The site is too far from any possible computer site, at least 1000'.
That's why I don't use a video camera, too far for co-ax.

Ever thought about using a video camera with one of the old Rabbit
wireless systems? They operate in the 900 Mhz area, if I recall
correctly, and with a pair of small beam antenae might cover the
distance. If you were a ham radio operator you could use an amateur
radio TV setup. That would surely cover the distance. I've gotten
several miles out of the one I had with no trouble at all.

Jim Chandler