Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Finnigan Simon Finnigan is offline

Default Reflective material for behind radiators

"Ian" wrote in message

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I`m redocorating the house, and have damaged some reflective material
while removing it from behind a radiator. It`s a foam type material with
a foil covering on one side, to reflect heat from the wall. IIRC when it
was first put there it did make a difference to the temperature in the
room, so i`d like to replace it. Any ideas for a cheap source of this
stuff?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The local pound shop for tinfoil ! That's all it is and it doesn't make
much difference behind a radiator. The foam part might act as an
insulator. I would look in B&Q for foam or polystyrene and local shops for
tinfoil and PVA glue.

The foam backing seems to help - I remember that the room felt a bit warmer
after this stuff was used rather than plain foil.