Larry Jaques

Default Freezing locks

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:35:07 GMT, "Rick" calmly
ranted:

"Kamus of Kadizhar" wrote in message
news
I've got a purely hypothetical question:

ISTR that at one time, freezing locks with Freon was a popular way to
break them. The theory being that you freeze the lock mechanism or
shackle until it becomes brittle, then use a hardened hammer to smash

it.

Now I'm being told that's an urban myth.

It's also possible to open nearly any padlock with a dozen or
fewer whacks of a hammer if one doesn't have picks handy.

I wonder if Al Patrick has seen this question yet?

Of course he has. _You_ pointed him to it, twitley.

(See "Railroad Track Anvil" thread on sci.engr.joining.welding)

Crikey, I hope not. Where do these fools COME from? He'll
want to outlaw welders (electric and gas), how-to books,
tech courses in school, and OTJ training next. Talk about
a paranoid sumbitch. He'd have fit into Nazi Germany really
well...as an informer, no doubt.

No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat.
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development