Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Clausing 5914 has arrived

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

[snipped]
Try http://www.toolmex.com/tools/PDF/BisonRotaryTooling.pdf page 85.

Page 85 does have the toolposts I have. What is missing are the details
of how one attachs this to one's lathe. One assumes there are kits or
at least drawings.

I've not seen kits or drawings for mounting these, I think one just
makes something to suit. When I fitted the Toolmex post to my Kerry 1140
http://www.lathes.co.uk/kerry/page2.html I just made a post that was a
close fit in the toolpost bore and added a plate to suit the T-slotted
compound slide, the top of the post being tapped 1/2UNF for a cap screw.
The cap screw clamped the toolpost with the aid of a thick washer. My
Harrison M300 came fitted with a Dickson toolpost, that has a M12 stud
straight into the top of the compound slide and there is a locating
washer, which appears to be pinned to the compound slide, about 4mm
thick which locates in the underside of the toolpost, again a thick
washer and nut clamp the toolpost.
I'm using Firefox also but hadn't noted that the page was working rather crap.

It isn't necessarily obvious when Firefox isn't doing well. No red-flag
warnings come up, but things simply fail to work, silently.

I had the Firefox problem with Pratt-Burnerd's website, not Toolmex's.
The problem with Toolmex was organizational, not technical: I cannot say
that I would have ever thought of a toolpost as "rotary tooling".
Thanks for the pointer.

Joe Gwinn