Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Wall Tile Adhesive

Jack wrote:
Hi Folks,

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

In the bathroom of my Uncle's house 2 colums of tiles buckled and I pulled
them off before they fell. I would like to put them back on the wall as
they are in good order, except that they have the tile adhesive on the back
of them.

Is there any easy way of getting this adhesive off? I tried a bit of
scraping but I did not want to put too much pressure on the tile in case it
cracked. Is there any way of softening the adhesive?

Many thanks

Jack

Try soaking them in hot water and detergent for a couple of hours