Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Wickeddoll Wickeddoll is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

"jakdedert" ...
Arfa Daily wrote:
snip

Allow me to explain. This is known as 'toungue in cheek' humour. It is a
*subtle* form of humour, often sparking off of some other situation, or
statement, as in this case. I would guess that most on here 'get it', but
clearly, it is a concept that passes you by ... ( this one is called
'having a laugh at someone elses expense' in case you don't get that
either, and is intended to be 'witty', not pointed ). :-)

Arfa, this is probably from the Toyota group. I used to post there until
the political posts, most like the one to which you're responding, started
to outnumber the actual 'Toyota' threads. Even the ones which started out
being about cars, often drifted into politics.

It's a shame. I like Toyotas. I dropped out about four or five years
ago, but my Corolla is still going strong after 17 years. I think I've
put about 50k miles on it since alt.autos.toyota and I parted ways. I'm
sure they don't miss me.....

jak

Did you use this nick? I don't remember it.

But yes, the politics have taken over, but as we always say, it's because we
don't have enough problems with our vehicles to compete with the off-topic
posts. I'd rather see a whole lot less rhetoric, but dammit I like many of
the regulars, so I tolerate it. I like conversing with them, occasionally
about politics, even.

:-)

Natalie