Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default NAD T762 fault

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:18:47 +0100, "Torben Espoe"
wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
.. .
A Google search seems to indicate the NAD T762 might possibly be

one
of those "lemons" of domestic electronics we sometimes come across.

While this doesn't help much, a similar problem was covered on
sci.electronics.repair earlier this year, but without any positive
outcome.

http://groups.google.com.au/group/sc...de19570db5c6d7

Thanks for the fast replys

I have read about the "hot zeners", and it seems that my T762 have

the same
problem. But im a bit clueless as to why the amp fails to start up

now that
I have replaced the faulty components.

Torben

I am not able to provide any help since I don't have the schematic,
and even then this probably wouldn't help to isolate the cause. The
only thing which I can suggest is that there is possibly some other
faulty component (such as a shorted rectifier in the power supply
bridge rectifier) or other device. Since the number of reported
complaints of similar faults the T762 is high it appears to be a
receiver to steer clear of. If NAD can't help then I doubt anyone else
can.