Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Extracting broken bolt / screw

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:15:46 -0500, wrote:

Good post. I've never heard of the engraving tool trick.

By "buzz it out", do you mean the vibration helps the bolt to turn
easier?
Oren

It takes the place of a punch. Orient the engraver so
that it pushes the perimeter, or whatever is available in a
counterclockwise direction. This will only work if the bolt is
not completely seized but just inaccessible.

Now ya got me thinking to use the engraver for the pilot starter
..reduce the wobble/walk of a small bit.. an avoid a punch (if
possible)

Then use the drill bits.
Oren
--

I have used one of those automatic punches chucked up to a drill press that
is not spinning. Easy down until you get it right and clamped. If I try by

Steve