Posted to sci.electronics.repair
none[_4_] none[_4_] is offline

Default Bit OT. CFLs revisited.

I've also noticed that some CFLs emit radio-frequency interference. If
you're not a ham radio operator or a listener to AM radio, you probably
won't be annoyed by that.
Incandescent lamps produce an extremely broad range of light
frequencies, which is part of the reason they are so inefficient.
Fluorescent lamps produce a narrower range which tends to be heavy at
the blue end of the spectrum unless special phosphors are used, and
those fade faster than the "blue" ones. LED lights are narrowest yet,
leaving one feeling slightly color-blind.
My reading light and my bathroom light are going to stay incandescent as
long as I can get them that way.
I'm looking forward to seeing, in wide-screen high definition, the
results of Hollywood stars dressing under LED lamps.