Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Dulux paint vs. Dulux trade paint

Peter Johnson wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:14:02 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

The only thing Premium about Dulux is the price and old wives tales.

It's about position in the market. Crown and Dulux (even if you don't
like it) are marketed as premium brands, Macphersons and Gliddens
their respective value-for-money brands.

Unfortunately out in the real world marketing and market position does
always equate to a superior product Just a higher price to pay for it.
As anyone who has compered for instance Dulux Weathershield with Leyland
masonry paint, on price, durability and coverage would tell you.

It wasn't when I worked for Crown and I'm not aware that the situation
has changed.

Im an end user not an ex-employee of either firm and without any
preconceived quality ideas other then the final result.

-